Our vision is that the college will be an educational community where each person has the experience of being loved and valued as a sacred individual created by a loving God; a community where students enjoy an enriching and liberating education that helps them grow into the fullness of life and empowers them to be men and women of courage who are alive to the needs of humanity and committed to making a better world.
Loreto College aims to be an educational community which:
- recognises that God can be found in all things
- is guided by the teaching of Christ and the Roman Catholic Church and in turn guides its Catholic young people in their faith journey and provides all its members with the opportunity of living, working and worshipping in a Christian community
- gives expression to the core values of Mary Ward - freedom, justice, sincerity, truth, joy, excellence and internationality - and encourages “seekers of truth and doers of justice” who are able to challenge accepted notions and modes of society
- values all its students as individuals and values all types of learning as it responds to the changing needs of individuals and society in the 21st century
- has the highest expectations of personal and academic excellence
- encourages active student involvement in their own learning and lifelong learning and fosters respect for intellectual questioning and debate in an atmosphere of freedom and respect for the dignity of each individual
- works in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that they are the primary educators of our students
- contributes to the educational, religious, cultural and economic well-being of Manchester and its environs.